An Indianapolis dentist using art and science to make people's lives better.
Wayne T. Kinney DDS
“I graduated from high school in Omaha, Nebraska, and moved to Indianapolis shortly thereafter. This has been my home since 1974 except for the three years I was in the Air Force Dental Corps at Langley AFB Virginia.
“My wife, Lois, and I have been married for more than 38 years and have three children and two grandchildren. They are the joy of my life. Faith and family have always been at the center of my life, and my dental practice is an extension of that core.
“For me, dentistry is like a hobby I get to use to help people. I am glad I can still say that I’m excited to get up every day and go to work. It is fun to work with a team who is like-minded and genuinely wants to serve the needs of others with skill and compassion.
“I am passionate about people and the incredible value and potential that lies within us all. Being responsible for a person’s healthcare is a sacred trust, which is the foundation of my philosophy of excellence and total patient care.
“Watch my video to learn more about why I chose dentistry……This text is linked to Dr.Kinney’s YouTube Channel and plays th video. It opens in a new window…….”
Dr. Kinney's credentials and approach.
Education & Awards
- Graduated from Harding University in Searcy, AL with a BS in Biology (with honors)
- Attended Indiana University School of Dentistry for his Doctorate of Dental Surgery (with honors; Omicron Kappa Upsilon)
- Graduated from the Midwest Implant InstituteOpens a new window to the website
- Graduated from the Misch Implant InstituteOpens a new window to the official website
- Top Dentists (as voted by his peers) 2010-2019
- Been in private practice since 1985
- Active leader in the dental community
- Serves in the leadership of his church
- Worked as a Clinical Instructor
‘‘I’ve gone to Dr. Kinney’s office for the past ten years and have had nothing but positive experiences! They have a friendly and knowledgeable staff who are great with kids.’’
Clayton M. (Keystone Patient)
Get to know your Indianapolis dentist a little better.
"I enjoy spending time with my family in whatever situation. I am an avid tennis player and love time on the water, boating with friends."
"My father, Don Kinney, is my hero. He died last year, and his lessons live on in me. He not only taught me how to be a man but also to live for a cause greater than myself."
"This is a hard question because there are many candidates. But if I had to pick one, it would be my wedding day because so many of the other 'bests' are connected to this one decision."
"When I was in the Air Force, I was awarded a flight in the backseat of an F-15 during a training mission. I don't know how unique that makes me, but it was an unforgettable experience."